In November, Jared and I took our daughter Sela to see the Backyardigans Live (courtesy of her Grandma Sela). The seats were awesome! Front and center...we couldn't have asked for better seats. Our daughter had the time of her life. She was laughing, singing and dancing.

Thanksgiving was great too. We spent it with both of our families. We had Thansgiving lunch with the Rogers clan and then went to my families. During Thanksgiving weekend we took family pictures at the beach with Jared's family. They turned out great. Here are a couple of them.
It was really hard to take pictures with my oldest daughter. She is such a handful. I actually lost my temper with her because she would not cooperate at all..lol. Oh well I guess I cant expect a lot out of a 1 1/2 year old. Hopefully next time she'll be better behaved. My nephew and youngest daughter were hamming it up so that was great. Overall Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love spending time with our families and seeing how much our families have grown. December has been such a whirlwind with Christmas coming up and so many ward activities. We had a great time at the ward Christmas party. I heard my daughter Sela was tearing it up on the dance floor with everyone. She is so full of life and is such a little comedian. She cracks us up everyday. Oh yeah and her favorite place to go is nursery on Sunday. She begs to go up there during Sacrament. It's kind of funny.
My Great Aunt also came down to visit and we spent a lot of time with her. She spoils my kids and me rotten!!! I got some awesome perfume by Ed Hardy. It's my new favcorite scent. We also got to go to dinner a couple of times. My daughter's love her so much.
For Christmas my siblings and I got together to take pictures for my parents. I think they came out cute.

For Christmas my siblings and I got together to take pictures for my parents. I think they came out cute.
I love my brothers and sisters. It's getting so fun because as they get older I can relate to them more...and not feel so much like their mother. 

Sela

Sinalei
This past week I got together with a bunch of my girlfriends to wish our friend Chiemi goodbye as she relocates to Utah. It was sooooo much fun just reminicing about old memories. We were laughing so hard. I am going to miss her so much and hopefully I'll be able to visit her soon. have a safe trip Chiemi and please keep in touch. I am so glad that we reconnected.
As Christmas draws near I am just so overcome with a feeling of gratitude. Jared and I have been so blessed this year. It is so easy to look at all of the negative things happening in our lives, but if we just take a step back and see all of the blessings we have I'm sure all of our attitudes would change. My visiting teacher last month suggested making a "I am thankful for..." journal. I think it's a great idea. You get to think of all the "little" blessings we receive each day. One blessing that I am extremely thankful for is our families. Without them I don't know where my husband and I would be....we'd probably be homeless..lol..k maybe not homeless, but we sure would be struggling. I am also thankful for my children. They are the WORLD to me. They make me a better, more patient, loving person. Because of them I've gained a better understanding of our Savior's love for each of us. As Christmas comes along lets try not to focus on the "WORDLY" things and focus more on the true meaning of Christmas. Lets try to serve more and be better people. I love my family and my friends and am thankful for the impact you all have had in my life.





3 comments:
Kristen I am SO bummed we didn't take a photo all together on Thursday! Darn it! I had a GREAT time!! It just wont be the same with out you, Chiemi! <3
Your family pictures turned out SO cute, Kristen!! You definitely can't expect the babies to cooperate. THat's SUCH a frustration. But the one you posted looks GREAT! I have my own camera now!!! I got it yesterday. So if you ever want me to take family pics of you guys let me know!! I would love to do it!
Merry Christmas! I love you! You are an AMAZING friend!
Sounds like you guys have been having loads of fun! Those are great family pictures. You are SUCH a HOT mom!!
:( I totally miss you all already. I hope you come and visit me really soon. I have a lot's of room to spare! :)
P.S. Kellie does FAB family pictures!!! You should totally have her take some for your family!
Post a Comment