Other things we've been up to is we went coupon shopping for the first time on Friday. It was...kind of difficult because I didn't really have an organized way of going about it. I kind of just cut out the coupons of food that i was interested in buying and fished around for them while I was at the store. Jared and the girls came along as well and I will never bring them again! It just took twice as long because the girls were all over the store and my poor husband had to chase them around. It's funny whenever we all go out together because everyone always thinks the girls are twins then they look at them a little longer and say or are they close in age. I always feel embarrassed answering just how close in age they are...what makes it worse is they look at me and I am CLEARLY pregnant again. I just try and think of the all the pros of having 3 kids all close together. Anyway, back to my grocery shopping..we saved 80 dollars, spent 90 and have tons of food now. We were running low from a shopping spree we went on with Jared's parents two weeks prior. They were so kind to stock up our fridge before they left. It was such a huge blessing.
Here's our shopping (not included is 2 gallons of ice cream :)
Here's our shopping (not included is 2 gallons of ice cream :) This week Sela got a new car seat. She had a pretty crappy seat that didn't have any cushioning so my mom felt bad for her and got her a new one. Jared and I had talked about getting her a new one for a while, but I'm sure all of us mother's know how darn expensive they are. So we got the car seat today and Sela loves it! It's super comfortable and she doesn't mind riding in it at all. Sinalei actually got a little jealous and wanted to sit in it lol. We're so thankful for our families and for all the help they give us. Sometimes it amazes me with the timing of things. Our families will offer us help and not know how much we really need it. I know it's because they're inspired and that they love us. We love our families so much. 
My sister's are coming tomorrow and I'm totally jazzed. My parents are sending them to help me with the girls until they start school. Actually Audrey can only stay till Thursday, but it will be nice because I haven't seen her in so long. Last time I was in California I didn't see her because she was working every time I came over. Nikki is staying for 2 weeks. It's going to be great. I'm sure I'll have tons to blog about.
We're just so thankful for everything right now. A huge blessing is having family here in Utah. I wouldn't be able to go back to school if it weren't for Jared's sister. She babysits the girls while I go to fulfill my clinic hours on Fridays. We're so grateful for all the help we receive.
Oh yeah I'm starting a crochet class offered at Joanns next month. I really want to make a blanket for this baby boy and my girls. I'm trying to convince Jared to get me a sewing machine off of KSL. Hopefully I can get one for Christmas so I can start quilting again and maybe learn to make some dresses. I think this whole Utah homemaker thing is rubbing off on me lol...no offense

My sister's are coming tomorrow and I'm totally jazzed. My parents are sending them to help me with the girls until they start school. Actually Audrey can only stay till Thursday, but it will be nice because I haven't seen her in so long. Last time I was in California I didn't see her because she was working every time I came over. Nikki is staying for 2 weeks. It's going to be great. I'm sure I'll have tons to blog about.
We're just so thankful for everything right now. A huge blessing is having family here in Utah. I wouldn't be able to go back to school if it weren't for Jared's sister. She babysits the girls while I go to fulfill my clinic hours on Fridays. We're so grateful for all the help we receive.
Oh yeah I'm starting a crochet class offered at Joanns next month. I really want to make a blanket for this baby boy and my girls. I'm trying to convince Jared to get me a sewing machine off of KSL. Hopefully I can get one for Christmas so I can start quilting again and maybe learn to make some dresses. I think this whole Utah homemaker thing is rubbing off on me lol...no offense





6 comments:
I'm not quite to the same point as you, but I understand how you feel. I'm sure it's even worse with it being so hot.
how funny! I just took up quilting too and Crystal has all the quilting supplies so cutting my squares was super easy, I just ironed them and then will be sewing them-I'm definitely nesting. I'm excited for your little boy-I'm sure your girls will smother him with love they are such sweet girls! :)
What's KSL?
KSL is like craigslist. It's an awesome site but I think its listings are only for Utah
It is funny, Kristen- I read your post this afternoon and found myself coming back to it even now after all the kids are asleep in their beds. I just have to tell you- boys may not have the multitude of cute clothes, but they have WAY better toys! I always find it hard to find toys for Maia but I have a hard time narrowing down the options for the boys!! (No wonder she always wants to play with THEIR stuff!)
They do have better toys...I agree with you Piper. Jared cant wait to buy our son swords and trucks. I guess that will be fun to do with our son. I'm just afraid my girls will girlify him lol...fingers crossed that he prefers trucks and not playing dress up :)
I totally feel you on being uncomfortable yet wanting the baby to stay in as long as possible. I just want her healthy... but MAN... ugh. You should NOT be embarassed with how close your kids are. I think it's SO awesome!!! I hope you love the crochet class. I wish you were around to in turn teach me. I tried learning on my own a few months ago, but the book I bought wasn't very good. I would still like to learn, though. I hope you get your sewing machine!!
Post a Comment