Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

So this past weekend we took a trip to Vegas for the BYU game. I did not want to go because I am 9 months pregnant, but my husband kept insisting that I go along. So I gave in because I knew I'd regret missing out on all the fun. It took us about 5 hours to get there. We met up with all of Jared's family. The boys went to the game and the girls just hung out at the hotel. It was a nice relaxing weekend. I was so happy to see my daughter Sela. It's amazing how much they grow intellectually in a matter of weeks. She seemed to have matured so much. It was so cute to see Sinalei and Sela play together. You could tell how much they missed each other. They were obsessed with playing with these plastic bowls. They'd walk around with them on their heads and then occasionally set them down, sit and have a full on conversation. It's so fun to watch how animated their faces would get and then to see them pointing their fingers at each other. I wish I would of brought my video camera for that moment, but it always seems to work out that way...when you really wish you had your camera, it's no where to be found.
We managed to go to a great restaurant as a family. It's called Blueberry Hill...I think. Well anyway it was DELICIOUS. Best pancakes I've ever had.


Here's a picture of the girls with their new baby cousin Leila. I think she's 3 weeks here. Tons and tons of hair. They love her!
I can only hope Sela and Sinalei are as good with their baby brother as they are with their baby cousin :)
Anyway it's always nice to spend time with family. I am so thankful to have Sela back with us, but am so thankful for my MIL for taking my daughter for those couple of weeks. Since she's been back I've been running around the house and cleaning 24/7. But it is so nice to have her spunky little personality back in our home. It was sooo quiet without her in our home. Sinalei is having some trouble adjusting. She needs to relearn how to share. So less sewing going on since these girls have my hands full, but nights when I have insomnia it's great to have something productive to do.
Pregnancy is going well. My stomach is ginormous....I don't think that's a word but that's how I feel. Had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I haven't progressed at all. I'm still a 1.5 anterior. I'm scheduled to be induced on the 22nd which is next Thursday. I made an appointment on Wednesday to be checked by the doctor one more time. If I haven't made a change then I don't think I will go through with the inducement...I know CRAZY...anyone coming to the end would be begging to be put out of their misery, but I feel the longer he cooks the better he'll be. Well I'll keep ya posted on what will happen. Till then I'm going to enjoy having my girls and being a family of 4. It's going to be scary making the jump to 5!

4 comments:

Piper said...

That is quite a transition you are headed for!!

BUT- speaking as someone who was induced before the baby was fully cooked- and also before I was fully ready (physically speaking), by all means WAIT. Induction is great, but it is hard- especially if things are not ready. If you can manage the patience, do what feels right.

Love you! Miss you!

Chiemi said...

I'm glad your trip went well. I'm impressed you went so far when you are right there at the end.

Goldie said...

How fun to spend time with all your family. I hope that little boy comes soon for you. I bet you don't look "ginormous" at all. Miss you guys.

Kellie said...

I love that pic of your girls and their cousin. It's fun to see how much your girls actually look alike. You GO girl for making that 5 hour drive while pregnant. That sounds uncomfortable. But it sure it fun to be with family. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy! If you get induced on the 22nd you'll have your little man before I have my little gal! Funny how things work out! I'll keep you in my prayers. I wish we could all get together one more time before our new additions!