Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Free time

In my free time I absolutely love to make blankets. I've made 11 in the past 3-4 months. I guess it is a new hobby of mine. In a way, I find it very relaxing. It's my break from my 3 children...well mainly the girls, Micah doesn't really take up much of my time...YET. Here are a couple of my blankets. I've parted with 3 of them. I made them as gifts. If you've received one...know how hard it was for me to part with them..lol. But seriously...it takes so much time/patience and love to make them so if you've received one know you are very special and you're probably family. There are a couple of people I still need to make a blanket for, but I've been a little busy and I'm working on Micah Vakautapunga's blessing blanket. I started it, cut it all out and then realized I did it all wrong so now I have to get new material and start all over again. I'm going to use the material I messed up on and make something later.


Birdie


Trains
My favorite, but the pattern wasted too much fabric

Flowers

Nursery rhymes

animal fun
I need to find patterns that don't waste fabric. If you have any let me know! I'm also trying to make a dress. It's not going to well! It is soooo much harder than I thought. The dress is on hold until I watch someone do it.

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Those are so awesome!! I keep meaning to try a quilt pattern out but never do. Someday... :D

Line said...

Wow good job! Those blankets look great!

And thanks for the re-invite to your blog! :)

carolineluvsulysses said...

ur the bomb :)

Michelle said...

Dang girl! You are so talented. Great job!

The Nemani Family said...

LOVIN YOUR BLANKETS!!! I soooo needa step my game up!!!!