Saturday, November 28, 2009

My big boy

I cannot believe my baby boy is already a month. Time sure is flying and I don't like it one bit. It always makes me so sad when I have to pack away some of his clothes because it reminds me of how fast they grow up. At Micah's 2 week appt he weighed 9lbs 10 oz and was 21 inches. I'm curious what his stats are now. We don't go back to the doctor until Jan 6th because of the holiday season.
Micah still is a blob. He doesn't smile or coo yet but he's a pretty laid back baby..as long as he is fed, clean and wrapped like a football. My girls didn't care too much to be swaddled, but he absolutely loves it.
If I let this kid drink as much as he wants he can drink up to 6 ounces in one feeding, but i try to limit him to 4 ounces, only because he spits up a lot. I have these awesome bibs that I got off of babysteals. It keeps the milk from dripping in the creases of the neck. Micah has such a huge double chin that it can be hard to clean and I hate it when babies smell like sour milk. I totally recommend this bib.
Breastfeeding...you would think after having three children I would have it down, but I think I'm a sucker for a very hungry baby. My milk didn't really come all the way in till day 5 so I was bottle feeding him in the hospital...plus I was so tired/lazy and he would sleep through the night on formula. He was a good at latching in the hospital, but when we got home he was too lazy. He would eat for maybe a minute and fall asleep. So now I am pumping and bottle feeding. My lactation consultant from the hospital calls me once a week to see how I am doing and she tells me that I can still breastfeed if I have the patience, but I don't. I've already worked in pumping into my schedule so its not too bad. I go to sleep at 11 or 12 so I pump before I sleep. Micah wakes up at 4 0r 5 so I feed him and pump. The girls wake up at 7:30 they watch backyardigans. I wake up Micah feed him put him back down. Make the girls breakfast...its usually around 8 now. I pump again. Let the girl watch a little more TV...then I sew or read. I am currently reading the Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan. Jared surprised me with it a couple of weeks ago. At 9 I bathe the girls and let them draw or read their books in their undies. I like to get them ready for the day after lunch because they get so messy. Next it's Vakautapunga's turn. He takes me probably 30-45 minutes to get ready for the day. He loves his bath time. So I bathe him, powder him down, oil his eyebrows..he tends to get cradle cap there, dress him, feed him and he goes back to sleep. Now it's the girls turn. Sometimes I let them pick out what they want to wear. Once I have their outfits it's time for lunch. I feed them then get them ready. By this time it's around 11 or 12. They get to watch a movie or show of their choice (while I pump)..right now it's either Lilo and Stitch or Dora the explorer. Sinalei always wants "Palo" which is Backyardigans, but I am so SICK of watching them that I only let them watch maybe 2 episode...one in the morning and one before bedtime. I swear I use to watch it maybe 5-10 times a day. We work on colors, numbers and animals. Sela can count to 5 by herself and sometimes 10. She's not too good with her colors, but she is excellent with her animals. She is the number one animal lover. I think that is why she loves Diego and Dora. During this time Sinalei will find a random place and fall asleep or they will both go down around 1 or 2. I pump during their nap time. I usually sew or watch netflix. I love having netflix. Micah will wake up to eat and go back to sleep. I try to keep him up but he'll just fall sleep. So I cuddle with him around this time because I don't get much of a chance with the girls being up. They wake up around 3-4. We wait for Dad to get home around 4:30. He takes over while I pump again. I feed them dinner and we watch a movie or read their books. Micah is usally up from 5 till 8. My girls will got down at 9:30, but my husband is such a softy for his girls and lets them stay up with him. I pump at 9 Micah will get up around 10-12 I feed him and it starts all over again. So that is pretty much my life everyday. With a couple of Walmart trips when daddy comes home or Thanksgiving Point if they're really lucky. We just like to take the girls somewhere every other day. I wish it wasn't so cold. I am not looking forward to the snow. I love to look at it, but not be in it.
Micah is so lucky to have such loving sisters. Sela loves and adores him and Sinalei cannot give him enough hugs and kisses. I was thinking I was going to have a lot of jealousy issues, but I really haven't. The girls fight more, but for the most part they love to play together.
I love my kids so much. I cant wait for Christmas this year. Thanksgiving was quiet in our household. I didn't make a Thanksgiving feast because my FIL is down and he'll be making our feast on Sunday. I am sooo looking forward to it!
Here are my current quilts I'm working on. The princess one has sparkles on it and the other one is a choo choo train themed one. I cannot get enough of making blankets. It's so much fun. I'll usually do one or 2 blocks a day. I have a new pattern I'm going to work on once I save up some money to get fabric.

4 comments:

Piper said...

Hello there!!! So glad to see an update on your family! We sure miss you guys- but I am glad to hear you are getting into a routine! That really helps with three kids. :) Your blankets are so cute- I cannot do quilts so I am super impressed you have been making so many so fast!!

Chiemi said...

Sounds like you have a great routine done. You are doing SO well with your quilts I can't wait to see the finished results!

Kellie said...

Kristen, the Goddess of MOTHERHOOD! Are you kidding me with that awesome schedule?! You GO girl! My kids does whatever the heck she wants WHENever she wants and I'm the sucker! I'm sure when I have three I'll need more stability or I'll go nuts. You're SUCH a good mom, Kristen! I want to meet those babies!

Michelle said...

He is just adorable. Congrats! I know the feeling of that exhausting schedule. You're amazing!!!