Micah Vakautapunga I Hakautapu Rogers



On October 22nd, I gave birth to our son at 9:19pm, after being induced at 7:30am. My whole laboring experience was a challenge. My labor with Sinalei was easy so I figured it would be the same with our son. It was NOT. I should of followed my instincts and waited until he wanted to come on his own. I went to the doctor the day before and I hadn't made any progression except for "softening up" whatever that means...I'm guessing my cervix was ripening. My doctor said I could wait another week or he'll induce me tomorrow. I talked to Jared and he wanted to meet his son already. He was the impatient one through all of this. So we went to the hospital the next day hoping for the best. I was going to be pissed if they sent me home. My nurse told me that I had to pass a bishop's test to be electively induced. Which means I had to be dilated at a 2. I got to the hospital and I was still 1.5, but luckily my doctor let me stay. They put me on oxytocin, which creates horrible contractions. I went without an epideral for 5 hours thinking it would speed things up. I got to a 3 and finally I couldn't take the pain anymore. I think if I had dilated faster I would of tried natural birth, BUT that was not the case and after receiving my epideral I was in HEAVEN. Epiderals never work well for me, but this time it worked like a charm. I spelt all day. Jared was so bored I sent him home to be with our girls. Oh yeah the hospitals banned children under 14 so I wasn't able to see my girls. At 8pm they checked me and I was a 4! I broke down because I was so frustrated. I had been in labor LONGER than I was with my first child. They turned down the oxytocin because the contractions were causing my son's heartrate to drop. Once they did that I was at a 10 at 8:45. I think the drugs were causing my body to stress and not allowing my cervix to open up. Anyway the doctor got their at 9:10 and he was born at 9:19. He was absolutely beautiful. He reminds me so much of our first child Sela. After holding him he had to be taken to the nursery right away. He was having trouble breathing and was a little pale. The poor guy had to have an IV put in. I felt so sorry for his little hand because I HATED having an IV in. Anyway, we look forward to watching him grow and seeing his personality develop. So far he eats a lot and sleeps all day. He wakes up once maybe 2 times a night...I don't mind too much as long as I can get 3 hours of sleep at a time. We've been blessed with a good/calm baby. I think we deserve it after having a Sinalei...who cried nonstop the first 9 months of her life..:) Anyway we're so inlove with our little guy. We're planning to bless his California so all my Cali friends you're all invited. Hope you guys can make it.





8 comments:
Welcome to the world Micah! He is such a cute little boy. Congrats Mama, you did an awesome job!
So awesome, Mama! Sorry the labor was so rough- I had the same experience being induced. No fun. So when will you be blessing him??? We will be there for sure!!!
How exciting you get to hold your baby boy!! Can't wait to see you all when you get out here for his blessing. You finished and that's all that matters. Congrats!
Hmm...let me know when. Maybe I can stop by.
Congrats! I had the same experience as you but with pitocin. I am so happy for you and your family!
He is so beautiful! Congrats to you all. xoxo
I'm SO glad he's here and that he's healthy and safe. I love the name Micah. Post lots and lots of pictures! he's SO so cute!!!
He's so cute Kristen. I'm so glad we were able to see you guys last weekend. So happy that you guys now have a boy. There is just something special about a relationship with a Mom and her son. It's the best! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment