Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Catching up

So it's been a while since my last post and I didn't even finish part 2...oh well. The holidays were so much fun spent with our families.
Life has been pretty busy. During the month of January we moved into our brand new condo. We feel so blessed that we were able to save up enough money to do this. My hubby worked all through the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) just to make the extra money for our down payment. I'm so grateful for a hard working husband. His job is so stressful, but he endures it all for us. Our new home is in the same place we were renting. We loved our community so much we decided to buy in the same neighborhood. Our chapel is walking distance and our ward is HUGE.
Decorating-is EXPENSIVE. We painted every single room except the bathrooms. It was so much work. My arms were sore for weeks. I'm still decorating the kids rooms. Once it is completely done I'll post pics of our place. I'll have to set up a decorating fund. My poor son is sleeping in pink bedding lol...in time.
Valentines weekend we went to Vegas and met up with Jared's family. Valentine's is actually my SIL's birthday so it was a double celebration. Unfortunately, I left my camera charger in Utah so I wasn't able to take any pictures. We had tons of fun going to the outlets, hanging out at the hotel, going bowling and eating out. Whenever we go to Vegas we stay at South Point. We love this place. It has a movie theater and bowling alley inside. During our stay, our daughter Sela, kept saying "I want to go with grandma." She would say it randomly throughout the day and during our last day, she would not leave her grandma's side....so Sela and Sinalei ended up going to California with grandma and grandpa Roger's.
I know the girls are being spoiled by both of their grandparents. They were able to spend some time with my family as well. She tells my brother jeff "you're a naughty brat go sleep." No I do not tell her that. I may say the words to her separately, but she pieced that phrase together all by herself. It's so funny the things kids say. I'm so grateful for the one on one time I've had with Jared and Micah. It's been very relaxing. I was able to make three blankets, finish The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan, BLOG and just cuddle with my little Micah boo...BUT I miss the noise, my daughter's laughs and even their crying and whining. It has been to quiet and I cannot wait for them to come home.

Oh yeah my good friend Kellie took pictures of my kids while I was in California. Here are some of my favorites. Her prices are unbelievable and she is great. We're going to have another session with her in June. Check out her website. Her link is on my page.

Micah is now 4 months. He is such an easy baby. Very happy, talks a lot, smiles all the time and a good little eater. He totally melts my heart with his huge smile. Having a son is greater that I ever could of imagined. My girls adore him and RARELY have any jealousy issues. I love that we are able to see more and more of his personality each day. I took him to his 4 month check up yesterday and the Doctor said he is one of the most social babies he's ever had in his office. He was flirting, smiling and laughing at all of the staff. He is currently 26 inches and 16.2 pounds which puts him in the 80th percentile for his height and 75th percentile for his weight. He's grown almost three inches in 6 weeks. THANK GOODNESS. I just keep telling myself "please son do not inherit your mother's short genes!" Yes I know that is pretty ridiculous, but my husband keeps teasing me about my son being short like me lol. My poor boy, I hope you are tall like your daddy and uncles...fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I love them all!! Your kids are SOOOOO cute! <3 I miss you. COME BACK!

ps-thanks for the shout out!

Chiemi said...

Yay you blogged! I love the pictures Kellie took. So awesome.

Mandy Coffey said...

all your kids are so dang cute! i wish we lived closer so we could party.

Piper said...

Hey you- we need to get together like we always say we are going to!! :) hopefully it will work out soon. Great pics!

The Nemani Family said...

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pix of your girls!!! You neeeda have MORE kiddies xoxo Love u guys!!!