Last night we were at Barnes and Noble, doing our usual thing..letting the girls play in the children's section while we enjoy a book of our own. My husband wondered off and I was looking at a couple of quilting books. A few minutes later I spot my husband sitting down reading a children's book. He seemed really into it. I shrugged it off. He comes up to me and tells me to read a book. I was like come on I'm busy reading something, stop disturbing me. I'm not going to put down my book to read some children's book, but I agree since he wouldn't stop insisting. So I start reading it and I have to say it is the sweetest, most touching children's book I've ever read. Jared starts to tell me that he got teary eyed reading it because it was a book his mom use to read to him. My husband doesn't tear up very often so I know that this book was so sentimental to him. We couldn't resist getting it for our kids.
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
I know it's kind of silly to be so emotional about a book. But I can't help imagining my husband as a little boy being read the same book. So now we start up this little tradition with our children and hope they hold it in such sentiment as my husband does.
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."





6 comments:
We love reading too! The girls and I go to the library once a week and it is AWESOME. That sounds like such a sweet book. I need to go see if I can get a copy of it. I think it's so wonderful that you are instilling a love of reading in your kids.
We have that book, too. I can't read it very often to the kids because they get all worried when I stop reading (because I can no longer see through the tears welled up in my eyes... ) It is awesome. Soooo glad you guys love your books and reading time!!
i love that book. I've been looking to buy it for our kids too...just thinking about it makes me tear up...oh geez...
I LOVE that book. I read it as a child and my husband's mom read it to all her children as well. She still had the copy she read to her own children and passed it down to my son. I hope he too appreciates the meaning of the book when he gets older.
omg I wanna get that book :)man if I told ulys about this he would tease jared for days sooooo we wont tell him lol... we miss the rogers! :)
How CUTE!!! I needa buy that bik for my boys ;)Thnx again for the tips on your beautiful bows!!!!
Post a Comment