Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching Up...

So I haven't been the most consistent blogger..but I'm trying. We have been soooo busy lately. I don't remember if I mentioned that we moved in any of my previous blogs...we are now living in Lehi. We absolutely love it here. Our ward is literally across the street. We could walk there is we wanted to, but it's been in the 90's and I am not use to this Utah sun yet. The sun is sweltering HOT! I totally MISS the California summers...oh how I took cali summers for granted. My girls love going to our pool. It's great because I refuse to do anything else during the day besides stay inside with my AC. All errands I've tried to set up online billing or I save all errands until around 6 when it's not so hot.
Lets see...in June Jared and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. We didn't do much since we had already taken a trip to Hawaii this year so we went to our favorite restaurant Tucano's Brazillian Grill in Salt Lake. It has the most amazing food. Now I must warn you...you have to be a meat lover. They come around each table with a skewer of meat and it's just delicious. We actually brought our girls along with us because they love the food. Next to the restaurant is Clark's Planetarium. The girls love this place. They have an IMAX where they show 3D movies. Their favorite is Under the Sea. They also have movies they show in their Dome. Jared and I have seen Extreme Planets...honestly I was a bit bored, but I'm sure those fascinated by space will love it. Our next movie we want to see with the girls is Bugs 3D. I'm sure Sela will enjoy it, but Sinalei will probably freak out. Over all it was a wonderful anniversary. I'm thankful for everything that my husband does for my children and I. He's an extremely hard worker and the BEST father ever.
Sela went to her new Pediatrician this week. The staff is great and he's a wonderful doctor. She got 2 shots...where she cried for maybe 2 minutes, but complained that her leg hurt the rest of the day. She measured 36 inches and 32 pounds. In January she was 32 inches...I cant beleieve how much she's grown in 6 months. Her doctor said she was a bit "stocky" for her height...I was like are you kidding me..lol. I'm always hearing she needs to gain weight...so I guess for a Poly baby she's "skinny" hehe oh well. Sinalei goes in for her Doctor's appt. in August and I'm sure she'll be tiny for her age. Sela is learning so much right now. Her speech is coming along and she is completely POTTY TRAINED!!!! I cant beleive it. I tried to Potty train her after she turned 2 and I wasn't having any luck, but 3 months later and she was practically potty training herself. We just used some positive reinforcement...high fives...no candy needed. She's becoming such a big girl...kind of makes me sad how fast she's growing up. In 4 months she's going to be a big sister again. That's why I'm glad that I've been able to have some one on one time with her. Her sister Sinalei is in California with her grandparents having the time of her life. I'm sure she's enjoying being spoiled rotten. Sela and I have been hanging out. Jared's been so wonderful when he gets home from work. He always suggests that we go somewhere when he gets home. We've been hitting up Cabela's, Walmart and other little stores Sela loves to run wild in. If you've never been to Cabela's and you love camping you should go. The have a bunch of taxodermy and an aquarium that my kids enjoy. They also have a restaurant that served meat like elk. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but I did have their club sandwhich which was yummy.
July 4th was a blast. We met up with Jared's siblings and they had a BBQ and then we watched some fireworks. Sela loved it. She was also obsessed with these kites that people were flying at night. I think Jared and I will get her one and see how it goes.
We wish Sinalei could of been with us, but we know she had just as much fun. We cant wait for her to come back home. Her siter misses her a lot. She asks me ever morning, "momma where's sissy?" She loves her sister dearly.

I went in for my first official doctor's visit this week. All we did was some blood work and a previous pregnancy/birth questionaire with the nurse. She was great. They called me the next day to tell me that I was anemic (which I am normally anyway) and I needed to take some iron pills. I had been noticing that I was feeling very lethargic lately and I was sleeping in till 11...which is unusual for me since I am a morning person. Lucky for me my daughters sleep in till 11 as well. Anyway I've noticed a dramtic change in my level of energy since I've been taking my prenatal and iron pill. So I'm back to my normal self again. I have my official ultrasound Friday where they will tell me my exact due date. I'm pretty excited. So I'm sure I will find some time to blog about it.

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

So glad to see you blogging again! Sounds like things are great where you are at. You are sooo lucky you have a pool. I know what you mean about the hot utah sun. It really does burn. Happy late anniversary!

The Griffins said...

Congratulations Kristen!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to hear when you're due or what you're having!!!