Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

This year was the first time we've celebrated a holiday on our own.  Through out the week I would get a little sad because I miss our families so much.  Last year Jared's whole family was down and it was nice to trick or treat together.  I'm guessing we'll probably be celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas alone as well...booo.  I guess what makes it easier is we've made great friends in our ward and Jared has cousins over here that we are close with.




My mother in law sewed all three of  their costumes.  Micah was the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.  Sinalei was Dorothy and Sela was the witch.  My daughter Sela is obsessed with Disneyland and the Princesses.  So when I told her she was going to be a witch she told me she didn't want to be a bad witch.  I reasoned with her and said she could be a good witch if she wanted to.  She was happy about that and said she looked like the Halloween Minnie Mouse at Disneyland. 
In Utah everyone celebrated Halloween on Saturday, the 30th.  Unfortunately it rained so our trunk or treat was held in our church building.  The adults lined up along the hallways and handed out candy.  The girls were so shy and were scared of this HUGE guy who decided to dress up as a clown.  There was also a chili cook off.  I'm not too much of a chili person so I did not enter anything.  Our ward also had a spook alley.  I love our ward activites.  At our last ward activity we played Minute to Win It...it was a blast!  My camera died so I wasn't able to take many pictures.  After our ward activity we decided to go trick or treating around our neighborhood.
The girls absolutely LOVED going door to door.  Especially since their best friend Kehau came along.  They would take turns ringing the door bell and then they would shout TRICK OR TREAT when the door opened.  It was freezing so we only went down two streets.  I love how as my kids get older they are able to enjoy the holidays more and more.  Sela told me that Halloween was her favorite holiday.  I cannot wait for Christmas!!  They are going to love it.

2 comments:

Angeles said...

I LOVE their costumes! your kids are so cute.

The Nemani Family said...

Kristen! I said it oce & I'll say it again!!! LOVE their costumes!!! SOOOOO thoughtful & cute! I can't believ they're all handmade!!! Sela did an AWESOME JOB!!! Love u guys xoxo