Sunday, August 24, 2008

HOME sweet HOME!!!

So we've finally returned home after a lovely trip to Utah...and boy it's so nice to be home and sleep in my comfy bed. Our whole trip began with a plane ride from Long Beachl. Jared and I decided not to sleep the prior day because well we're pretty much night owls and go to bed around 1 or 2 and we would have to get up at 4 anyway. We woke the girls up at 4:30 and got to the airport at 5:20AM...thanks to my father-in-law. So we had 3 bags, a double stroller, 3 carry-ons, 1 toddler and a very fussy baby...equals TWO very stressed out parents. Our flight left at 7:00AM and we barely made it on the flight. Luckily for us the hardest part was getting through security. I had to take my shoes off and my jewelry while holding a crying infant...NOT FUN. I'm glad to say that during our 90 minute flight both of our girls slept the ENTIRE time....hallelujah!!!! I was soooo relieved. Jared and I did not want to be the annoying couple with the screaming babies. Anyway our trip was a lot of fun. I finally got to meet my new nephew, Semisi, he is such a cutie pie. He is the best behaved newborn ever. He hardly ever cries. He just whines whenever he's hungry. It was nice to spend some time with him and get to know him. My sister-in-law is doing really well. She had an amazing labor...only TWO hours. Can you believe it??? Can you say JEALOUS....lol. Sometimes life just isn't fair. Well I'm happy that things are going well for her and her little family.
While we were in Utah all of our kids were able to play together. Sela, my oldest daughter is becoming such a good big sister/cousin. She loves to play with Sinalei and Semisi. She stills needs to learn to be a little more gentle, but over all she does really well. One thing that cracked us all up is that she became the "binky thief" she would not let the babies have a binky while she played with them. She would just yank them out. Those poor, poor, babies. Anyway, I'm glad my kids got to meet their little cousin. Sela also got to go to the water park. She had so much fun, but she ended up getting sick and getting everyone else sick as well. Jared, Sinalei and I are barely getting over it.
Now the trip back home is a completely DIFFERENT story. We drove back home and I NEVER EVER want to do that again. I must say it was pretty much HELL. I do not recommend it to anyone. I almost went insane. Jared and his brother were in the front and I was in the back between two car seats...occupied by two sick babies. We ended up stopping at Primvalley and staying the night and then continued on Saturday night. Total driving time 10 hours. It was so nice to get home and just sleep on my bed. My wonderful husband stayed up with Sinalei because she was still pretty sick so I got to sleep for 5 solid hours. The last couple of nights she was waking up every 30 minutes to 1 hour. It was a nightmare! We're both glad that Sela has recovered and Sinalei is sleeping for atleast 3 hours straight. All things said...we're so happy that we got to meet our nephew. He is so precious and we look forward to moving to Utah so we can spend more time together.
On a sad note...my hubby starts school tomorrow. It's been so nice having him home, but on the other hand it's nice to get things moving along so we can accomplish a few more goals. Hopefully this semester will be another outstanding one for Jared. He is doing so well.
That's it for now. Until next time...

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

How fun that you got to meet your new nephew!! I love the picture of the girls hugging. Just too cute! I completely understand the insanity of driving long distances with children. That's one of the reasons I drive. I really can't deal with the kids when they are screaming in the car. I pretty much have a melt down. Dustin is so much more calm and he can deal with it better.

Kellie said...

I hate driving long distances PERIOD! Hate it. I can't imagine with two sick babies... :( Glad the trip was a good one though. GOOD LUCK in school to Jared!! It's worth it! Your girls are so beautiful!