Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!!!!!

We love Halloween here in the Roger's household. It is just so much fun to dress the kids up. This year both of my girls were Garden Fairies. Sinalei got to wear Sela's old costume. One of the good things about having my daughter's in the same month is that they wear the same season of clothing. I am sure Sinalei will HATE that she will wear hand-me-downs pretty much her whole life...lol. Anyway, Sela absolutely had a ball this year. Each year it is getting more exciting because Sela actually knows what is going on. Here is a couple of pictures

Sinalazy

Sela bella

my girls

I cannot believe that another Halloween has already passed. It made me so sad to think about how fast time is flying by. Sinalei is no longer so needy. She kind of does her own thing, but she LOVES to play with her sister (when she's not so rough). Sela is just full of life and curiosity. She loves to find markers (espedcially black permanent marker) and draw all over herself. I'm just thankful she hasn't tried the wall YET. Sela also is developing new words everyday. On Friday she said. "Where are you?" It was kinda creepy at first because she was so clear. She was yelling it to her Aunt Anna upstairs, but we can never get her to say things on demand. Sela also got a little boyfriend named Kaleb.

Sela kept patting the ground next to her so he would come sit down. She even tried to kiss him, but he wasn't up for it. Sela's Grandpa Mike said "you're going to wish you would of taken that kiss in a couple of years!" lol...it was hilarious.
It was also fun to take Sela around our neighborhood. We only managed to hit up 4 houses because Sela couldn't take the disappointment. Each time we knocked and no one was there, she would cry because she likes to say TRICK OR TREAT!
Next year will be even more fun because we'll have 2 little mooches running around. I cant wait! We all know what Sinalei will be...lol.
So this is going to be a mixed blog because I haven't had the time to post anything
Jared and I are big suppoters og Yes on Prop 8. I hope all who can vote will vote. Last Saturday we joined some of our ward members out on a busy street to hold signs. I was a little unsure if I should take my kids because people have been ruining some of our property because we have signs infront of our houses. So I thought well let me go with Jared, bring our girls and we'll just stay for 10 minutes. We ended up staying the entire time. People in orange County are soooo supportive. We got tons of honks and thumbs up. It was great.
Wohooo go Sela.
We're actually going to do go hold signs today again. It's a good experience for our family.
Also, my mother in law and I have gone blanket CRAZY. We've gone to LA the past 2 Friday's to get fleece. We've made blankets for almost everyone in the family. I am actually obsessed with making them. Last night we stayed up till maybe 1:30am cutting away. I love them. They are so warm and cuddley. I sleep with my daughter's blankets all the time. You can never have enough of them. My daughters are completely inlove with the Backyardigans and I found some fleece at Joanns. It was very expensive. I could not believe it, but it was well worth it because the girls love that blanket.

Here is Sinalei sitting on it

Well that about wraps things up this time. Hope you all had a fun Halloween. What were your kids and did you dress up? Till next time.

8 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

Those are so CUUUUTE costumes! Where did you find them? I love your girls' big smiles, so adorable.

Piper said...

I love that someone else is obsessed with making blankets!! I had to cut myself off because every time I have a baby I get in the same mood- gotta have more blankets! And since we made them you can't get rid of them, right? So I have QUITE a supply... LOL. We love the Backyardigans too! Porter requests it all the time- he just calls it Yardigans though!

The Griffins said...

I love the pictures! Happy Halloween!

Chiemi said...

You girls looked sooo cute! Those tie quilts are great! I am totally looking forward to Saturday. We should talk so we can finalize what is going on.

Kristi Amasio said...

Oh look at how adorable those 2 girls of yours are! Hello Sinalei is the luckiest girl in the world to get all of Sela's hand me down's. Those are all freakin nice clothes and hardly worn. What cuties!!! Love the costumes. Proud of you guys for the Prop 8. I think I would of been nervous to do that. Miss you guys! Give the girls kisses from us!!

Team Su'a said...

Hey Rogers Fambam! you have a beautiful family...we are looking forward to having you guys here in Utah. We are new to this blogging thing and we love it.

Kellie said...

Your girls are SO happy! And I love what your father in law said about how that boy should have taken that kiss!! hahaha!!

Can't wait to see you and Jared all PUNKED out and ready to ROCK on Friday!!! :) <3 ya!

Lolohea Tonga said...

awwww i miss those girls sooo much!! and i especially LOVE the adorable Backyardigans blanket! nice. I went out and bought one of those bumbos and i LOVE IT! it's purple to match sinalei's because that was all they had and i didn't want to wait for one online...hahaha. I MISS YOU GUYS!! we'll see you in a couple weeks.